Wednesday, May 17, 2006

trumpet or kung fu ??

i was just wondering, which would you tolerate more? sleeping with a guy who snores like an elephant with a monstrous trumpet sound or a fidget who gives you wonderful kung fu kicks in the middle of the night??

saw my gf and asked her why she looked tired and what sickness did she suffer till she had to take an mc for the day before. i could nearly felt a heart attack when she claimed that she suffered "sleepless nights" because she's a super light sleeper and did not expect someone to SNORE loudly in his sleep.

this reminds me of my dad. how could my mum stand sleeping with a monstrous trumpet sound for 30 years? i am definitely a light sleeper. when i was 5 years old. we all slept in the same small room but i had a bed for myself at the end of the corner. i thought i was brave enough to sleep on my own but then a weird sound kept me awake for the whole night. i could hear an eery sound of someone breathing noisily and forcefully through the nostrils. how was i suppose to know, at that age, the sound of a snore. i thought it was a wicked witch with her trolls waiting at the corner for the right opportunity to pounce on me. no joke but i was alert till i could hear clearly the clock ticking. the massive fear and anxiety made me skip a few heart beat. i wanted to cry but dare not. all night long "tick tock ..... ghrrrsnnnrrr ... tick tock ..... pHhhhheeew .... tick tock .... ghrrrsnnnrrrr ... tick tock ..." i was wide awake the whole night until i could see a slight light beaming through the window, i doze off like a baby. no thanks to that eery sound! my parents couldn't make me understand so my dad ended up migrating to the end of the corner and i slept with my mum and brother.

what about those who would fidget in his sleep? my youngest little bro is one of them. once, during my graduation, my bro attended and had to share a bed with me. in the middle of the night ... whoooooosh ... *a punch at your face ... whammmm ... *a kick at your leg ..... bammmm ... *a slap on your belly .... ploooook .....*a scissors lock on you ... yucks! blood gushed to the brain when i jumped and reacted quickly to throw my bro's leg and hand away. for godness sake! i am your sista and not your bolster! i was practically bruised the next day. demanded an explanation and he replied "is it? i was dreaming that i was bruce lee and had this super power kung fu skill".... *&%^$! wanted to show him the tiger claw kung fu skill when i heard that. how was i suppose to take a nice graduation picture with an eye bag??!!

what about the time when you were about to fall into a deep deep deep sleep and then at that very last deep moment, someone tosses violently to the other side into a comfortable position. or even shakes you and asks "are you ok?" but before you could catch a breath you could hear that person dozing off heavily. or even grinds the teeth till your goose bumps could not expand anymore. or even grabs your blanket to build a comfortable cacoon while you wondered how come you are dreaming of antarctica till forced to sleepishly wake up and wrestle it back. your eyes popped open ... O_O .... wide awake ..... and had to count 100 more sheeps before you could doze off into that nice deep deep deep sleep again.

@_@ ..... it's all a torture ... don't you just hate it when they ask you the next day "good morning. had a good night sleep?" ...... all the best to the light sleepers out there!

No comments: