Friday, September 22, 2006

*sniff *sniff *cough *cough

been a sickly weakling lately. i've went into office on wednesday, punched in, sat down, put on the cardigan and then *plonk ... was taking a nap. forced myself to wake up a few times to answer a few phone calls and complete a few task but then i just couldn't seem to concentrate. came to a point when my nails were turning blue for being cold but the aircond was not even switched on, vomited and ached till i can't even stand long. rushed like a speeding bullet to the doc and surprisingly i had a 39 degrees fever. gave me a bunch of med to take. again rushed like superman back home by 11am, took the med, changed and *plonk ... sleeping beauty princess.



managed to wake up 2x just to take my porridge dinner and med. the next day .... I'VE LOST MY FREAKING VOICE!! i couldn't even wake up until my boss called at 11am to find out if i am ok or not. the whole office were worried. i know i've gotten a few phone calls prior to that but i was too drowsy to even remember who and what. continued sleeping again from 12pm till 4pm.

went and see the doc in the evening and he laughed at me. claimed that the med was too strong. no wonder ive lost my voice, too painful to even swallow my saliva, too painful to cough, too painful to talk or make a sound and i am always in a sleeping mode. came back and slept again from 7pm-morning.

anyway, this aint a laughing matter. i don't like to be sick. the agony of driving to the doc at a sickly condition, the agony of wanting warm home cooked food ready to be taken care of cos i seem to be taking 1 meal a day (dinner only), the agony of wanting some attention or someone to check on you all the time. yup ... a time that makes an independant person into a damsel in distress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe
sometimes is nice to change your role from a Fire breathing man eater into a dimsel in distress wat......

i believe its kinda nice to be pampered from time to time, of cozz minus the fever la.

Shirlyn said...

take care!

paupau said...

alex - eekkk ... u've read my blog ^_^ . yup it's nice but when you are sick, u just want more and more and more attention. i lack alot of that since i don't have my family to pamper and take care of me.

shirlyn - thankkkkkk u! am trying hard. still fever leh :(