Thursday, May 10, 2007

good riddance of dengue

months of silence from cheekypau.

well, 2 major events in my life...

firstly, i'm busy with a major renovation project. sleeping with dusts and rubbles. the comfort of coming back to home sweet home had changed to home mess home. tiring me down physically with the cleaning to be done EVERYDAY! now the house is taking its form. no pain no gain. so this is the price of comfort and its worth it.

secondly, i've been attacked by a mosquito. a tiny little insect which caused me to suffer dengue. "an acute, infectious tropical disease caused by an arbovirus transmitted by mosquitoes, and characterized by high fever, rash, headache, and severe muscle and joint pain. also called breakbone fever, dandy fever, dengue fever". was on mc for 2 freaking weeks. initially i was happy with the idea that i could take a break for having fever for 2 days. but then everyone prompted me to take a blood test. yikes! platlet dropped and immediately was instructed to be admitted to the hospital. twice a day they would prick me with needles. 24 hours a day on the drip. vomit all the time. couldn't shower properly while having the drip needle stucked on my hand. my face and hands bloated. my veins were blue black caused by 18 or more blood test that they've had to do on me. unbearable itchy rashes. what more can i say. my dad and bro took the first flight to kl. love it when my dad said "i have only one daughter and no one is going to stop me from flying over". hehe ... evil cheekypau gotten lots of pampering. anyway, from a break, it turned into torture. had to beg the doctor to let me out. just couldn't stand it anymore. by right it's not the hospital's policy to release me as of yet but with my begging, sweet smile and some positive result, they've released me. HOooray!

1 comment:

Kleio the Muse said...

Sorry I didn't read this earlier. I've got my plate full these days. Hope you are all well now. Do take care dear.

No wonder you didn't post for such a long time. At first I thought you decided to stop blogging. Glad you are back now.

Best wishes.